Friday, October 26, 2007

barenaked


Look! Oh Look! They are renovating the big fountain at the center of Luneta! I was so giddy with excitement when i saw men working on this area because i really missed seeing the playful water (i'm really fond of fountains). Seeing all these pipes, I didn't realized how complicated the fixtures that composed a fountain, now you see it here barenaked! By the way, click on the image to enlarge, further at the back you'll see Jose Rizal's monument which i featured here, and the dome like stage your seeing is the Quirino Grandstand... and the equipment behind (dunno what you call those instruments in construction) is where the Ocean Park is being built.

Seeing the rusts in the pipes, you prolly figured out that this fountain is already old! Well it is. I'm being nostalgic about this place so i'm posting photos of me and my siblings in this area way way back in January 1980.


this is me, just turned 2 when this photo was taken :)


my siblings, noticed how me and my sister wear the same dress? we're not twins but our mother loved dressing us up as if we're twins which was fun.

Do you have fond memories of this place too?

12 comments:

carlotta1924 said...

how cute! ^^ kaso hindi ko maalala if we ever visited luneta to see the fountain. siguro wala lang picture kami nun. =)

LING-LING said...

kami ng mga kapatid ko, nagpunta din diyan dati kasi may mga pictures din kami na katulad ng mga pics mo... :) at katulad mo din, pareho din kami ng dress ng ate ko.. :)

Ming the Merciless said...

How cute!!!!!

Yes, I'm a boy.

Anonymous said...

How funny! I have the very same photo when I was 4 years old in the very same spot, and another one with my brother!

joy
Norwich Daily Photo
Your Love Coach

pusa said...

@carlotta - i'm sure you visited/saw this fountain un nga lang di mo na maremeber kc walang pic :)

@lingling - hahaha kakatuwa naman, ganun yata ang trend ng mga nanay

@ming - now i can appropriately call you mister ;)

@slinger - thanks

@joy - kakatuwa talaga, siguro it only means that Luneta was the place to be during those golden days! and a place for families to hang out

Unknown said...

What an interesting shot of the fountain's inner workings. I too love fountains but never once thought of looking below the surface. :)
jdub.jsw@gmail.com
John
Nebraska U.S.A.

Anonymous said...

You must have been born very close to each other. You look like twins. Nice photos.

Also the fountain is bare naked and reminds me of the cost involved in shooting water up in the sky. It is kind of an extravagant thing but everyone likes fountains. Nice photographs.

NorthBayPhoto said...

Great photo of the renovation of the fountain and the photos of your childhood.

Anonymous said...

naku iniisip ko tuloy kung mayroon ba akong picture dyan nung maliit ako? pero di ko na tinuloy kasi wala palang pamasahe nanay ko noon kaya di kami nakakapunta dyan sa ganyang edad lol!

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

You two are very cute :-))

Anonymous said...

I had to smile at the comment about your mother dressing you and your sister like twins. My mother did the same thing with me and my sister... we are 18 months apart in age.

Anonymous said...

thank you for posting pictures of our country...brought back memories... i hope i can bring my kids back there... and live for at least a year so that they can enjoy our culture and experience tumbang preso!!! haven't been home for a long time...a lot of changes...sana hindi ako ma shock!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails