Thursday, July 03, 2008

pito pito

Pito Pito is a blend of seven leaves of seven traditional herbal medicinal plants usually concocted through boiling for 30 minutes and is believed to help cure headaches, fever, colds, migraine, etc. It is also believed to have cleansing power and mostly the common prescription of an albularyo or a quack doctor.

Pito Pito usually consist of leaves of alagao, bayabas, banaba, pandan, mangga, anis, and cilantro.

If you want to buy Pito Pito, all you need to do is go to Quiapo. All sorts of medicinal plants are available at Quiapo, among other things like amulets, charms, love potions, even a pamparegla (which i believe is really a concoction that can abort early pregnancy!)

Truly Quiapo is such a colorful place, a paradox of anything and everything in between!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mutagal na akong inurunga, epektib kaya tang pampa-regla? hmmmm, hmmm, h mmm,

Anonymous said...

Hi: I started a collection of pictures of mailboxes across the World.

Please check it out to see if you'd be interested.

Thanks, Shoshana of
Dallas Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

Just want to say I avidly follow your posts--I love your blog. Makes me feel a bit closer to home. Thanks!

Hilda said...

I've always wondered what pito-pito was. Very informative post, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Gosh your photography is just stunning, Pusang.

Anonymous said...

Ganon pala ang spelling ng 'shuktung' - Sio Hock Tong.

I always heard the term when I was
a kid. I think it is a liquor not
a medicinal drink.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails