Monday, September 24, 2007

rizal shrine


"The Rizal Shrine is a modern museum built in 1953 and house the memorabilia of Jose Rizal. Our national hero's cell was in the former Cuarto de Repuesto or storage area and pantry. A model of the cell during his imprisonment is one of the main attractions of the shrine. In 1996, the shrine was renovated as part of the centennial celebration of Rizal's martyrdom and the Philippine Revolution."

Here's what the museum looks inside, this is the ground floor exhibiting Jose Rizal's photos, letters, and other memorabilia. The thin sheets of metal that looks like columns supporting the ceiling actually list down his writings. Sorry for the grainy picture and no photo of the main attraction because the place was so dark and besides i was only sneaking to take photos. After this shot, the guard noticed and approached me and reminded me that i should not take photos to which i responded ok but with no intention of doing so. I dunno why museums forbid picture taking inside. Would you know why?

6 comments:

SeƱor Enrique said...

The main concern by museum officials is that the flash from cameras have a bleaching effect on oil paintings, especially those vintage editions.

However, areas without such should be allowed to be photographed. They don't realize that the more people get to see the pictures of museum exhibition halls, they more they are entice to go and visit them.

Not a bad picture, Pusa. I like it.

Anonymous said...

I like your photos today.

Anonymous said...

Most museums I've visited let you take pictures as long as you do not use a flash.

Sidney said...

I don't think those flashes are doing any harm...

Did you noticed Rizal's book that was printed in Gent (Belgium)? I took a picture of it when the guard was looking the other way ! ;-)

travelphilippines said...

the photo looks fine not bad for a sneaker hehehe.

BCS said...

Perhaps, the next time I visit the place (yes I've been there many times), I'll find a way to ask the officials if non-flash photography may be allowed :) That is if anybody hasn't done that already... :P

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails